One of the things we take with us everywhere we go since we started full-time RV living is our Instant Pot. This quickly became my favorite kitchen gadget because it’s easy to cook delicious meals without needing to spends hours in the kitchen. Check out this amazing recipe for Instant Pot chicken and rice from APinchOfHealthy.com
Recipe adapted from one found on APinchOfHealthy.com
- 1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- cooking spray
- 3 shallots
- 1 c. carrots diced
- 1 c. mushrooms
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 c. uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 c. chicken stock or broth divided
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry all your produce.
- Dice the shallots and carrots, slice the mushrooms, and mince the garlic.
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly rinse your rice until the water runs clear — do not skip this step or the rice with burn.
- Spray the interior of the Instant Pot with cooking spray.
- Set your Instant Pot on Saute and preheat until it sizzles when sprinkled with water or the display read “hot.”
- Add the chicken to the pot and sear for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add 1/4 cup broth and stir to deglaze the pan using a wooden spoon. If there are any bits from the chicken left on the pot, scrape them clear to avoid burning during the cook time.
- Next, add in the shallot, mushrooms, and carrots.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until just softened.
- Toss in the garlic and continue to cook until fragrant — another minute or so.
- Quickly chop the thyme.
- Add the rest of the broth, rice, and thyme. Stir until blended.
- Top with the chicken thighs, replace the lid, and lock it in place. Set the valve to seal.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes, use a natural release for ten minutes and then quick release on the remaining pressure.
- When all the pressure is released, carefully remove the lid and use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Stir into the rice and serve hot.
This delicious recipe is a quick and easy way to feed your crew any day of the week! So, whether you’re cooking at the campground or at home on a weeknight, you’ll want to add this to you menu. Contact us for more information about how to find the perfect RV for your travels.