Are you looking for a delicious fall campfire recipe to round out your camping menu? This fall tortellini soup is the perfect dish to make around the campfire! You’ll love that this hearty meal is filling and warm to keep your crew ready for the trails or to warm up with after a long day.
Recipe adapted from one on FreshOffTheGrid.com
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 hot or mild Italian sausages
- 1 onion, yellow or brown, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 c. kale, (about 6 whole leaves), chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 lbs. fresh tortellini
- 4 c. broth
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Dice the onion, smash the garlic cloves, and roughly chop the kale.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat a drizzle of oil over medium heat.
- Add in the sausage, onion, and garlic.
- Sauté until sausage starts to brown and the onions are translucent and soft.
- Add kale and stir until it has wilted before adding in the spices.
- Stir until combined.
- Add tortellini and broth.
- Bring to a soft boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until tortellini is cooked through — us package instructions for time.
- Remove from the heat and serve with bread and parmesan cheese.